Travel Pattaya: Discover its Top Attractions and Hidden Gems
Pattaya offers a wide range of activities and experiences for visitors of all ages and interests.
Are you planning a trip to Pattaya and wondering what attractions to add to your fun itinerary? Look no further! In our Pattaya travel guide, we’ll take you on a journey to uncover the best of this city, from its top tourist attractions to hidden gems that only locals know about. If this is your first time visit, there’s always something new to discover.
Let’s explore the rich culture, delicious food, and lively nightlife. So, grab your sunscreen and get ready for the best of Pattaya!
Top Attractions in Pattaya
- Sanctuary of Truth. This temple is an awe-inspiring piece of architecture that showcases traditional Thai craftsmanship. It’s made entirely of wood and features intricate carvings and statues. The Sanctuary of Truth is a must see attraction in Pattaya.
- Walking Street. Known as the party hub of Pattaya, Walking Street is a bustling strip of bars, clubs, and restaurants. Of course, they only come alive at night. Whether you’re looking for live music, dancing, or people watching, Walking Street is the place to be.
- Pattaya Floating Market. This colourful market is a great place to soak up some local culture and try some delicious street food. Take a boat ride around the market to see the different stalls and sample some of the fresh seafood. Did we forget to mention they even have crocodile on the menu?
The Hidden Gems of Pattaya
Bottle Art Museum. This museum houses intricate artworks made of recycled glass bottles. Come and see this unusual artwork and learn how it’s made.
Khao Chi Chan Buddha. Carved into a cliff, this magnificent Buddha statue stands over 100 meters tall. It’s a peaceful place to visit, with breathtaking views of the countryside.
Teddy Bear Museum. This museum is a delight for both children and adults. With an extensive collection of teddy bears from around the world. The teddy bears are set up in a variety of interactive scenes. It’s an engaging and enjoyable experience for visitors of all ages.
Pattaya’s Reputation and Nightlife
Pattaya is well-known for its vibrant nightlife and has earned a reputation as a popular party destination. The city’s bustling streets are lined with bars, clubs, and restaurants, and visitors can expect to find a wide range of entertainment options available late into the night. Pattaya’s nightlife is often associated with its red-light districts, such as Walking Street, which are known for their abundance of go-go bars and adult entertainment venues.
However, there are plenty of family-friendly options, such as live music venues and night markets. While the nightlife scene is undoubtedly lively and exciting, visitors should be aware that it is also notorious for its seedy reputation and can be overwhelming. As with any destination, it’s important to exercise caution and make informed decisions when exploring Pattaya’s nightlife offerings. Although this popular destination has this stigma attached, we have been successfully delivering team building activities for many years!
Getting Around Pattaya
Public Transportation. Pattaya has a good network of public transportation which includes buses, songthaews and taxis. These are all affordable options for getting around the city. Jump on a songthaews for as little as THB 20.
Renting a Motorbike. If you’re comfortable riding a motorbike, renting one is a great way to explore this city. Be sure to wear a helmet and don’t leave your passport with the rental agency!
Eating Out – Food in Pattaya
- Pad Thai – This classic Thai dish is a must-try when you’re in Pattaya. Look for it at street vendors and local restaurants.
- Som Tam – Spicy papaya salads are another local favourite. It’s a great option for a light lunch or a quick snack.
- If you don’t like spicy food there are plenty of Western options. Burger, pizza and all the well known fast food restaurants are easy to find.
Accommodation in Pattaya
- Guest Houses. If you’re travelling on a tight budget, there are plenty of guesthouses scattered throughout Pattaya. They offer clean and comfortable rooms at affordable prices.
- Luxury Resorts. Are you looking for a more indulgent stay? There are also plenty of luxury resorts that offer a range of amenities.
Travelling in Pattaya – Conclusion
There is so much to see and do in Pattaya. Tt’s no wonder that it’s become one of the most popular tourist destinations in Thailand. Stunning temples and lively nightlife and hidden gems. There’s something for everyone in this vibrant city. So, start planning your trip to Pattaya today and get ready to experience the best of Thailand! Check out our awesome selection of corporate team building activities such as our Pattaya amazing races!