Oh, we’ve got the perfect island-hopping guide for you! Having ventured to Pattaya’s nearby islands ourselves, we can tell you that there are plenty of exciting options to choose from. One popular choice is Koh Larn (Coral Island), just a short boat ride away, offering crystal-clear waters, sandy beaches, and water activities galore. If you’re up for a more secluded escape, Koh Samet is a dreamy island known for its pristine beaches and lush landscapes. For an offbeat adventure, Koh Sak and Koh Krok are lesser-known islands where you can soak up the tranquility and natural beauty.
Various tour operators offer island-hopping excursions, so you can easily pick the one that fits your interests and time frame. Get ready to sail away from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya to explore these island paradises for an unforgettable tropical adventure!
Ways to Explore the Nearby Islands
Pattaya is surrounded by several islands that can be explored. Here are some ways to explore the nearby islands from Pattaya:
- Join a tour: There are many tour operators in Pattaya that offer island-hopping tours. These tours usually include transportation, lunch, and activities such as snorkeling, swimming, and sunbathing. Some popular tour options include Koh Larn, Koh Samet, and Koh Si Chang.
- Rent a private boat: Another option is to rent a private boat and explore the islands at your own pace. This option is more expensive than joining a tour, but it allows you to customize your itinerary and avoid the crowds.
- Take a ferry: Some islands near Pattaya can be reached by ferry. For example, Koh Larn can be reached by a 45-minute ferry ride from Bali Hai Pier in Pattaya. Koh Samet can be reached by a 30-minute ferry ride from Ban Phe Pier, which is about 2 hours from Pattaya.
- Visit the small uninhabited islands: There are several small uninhabited islands off the coast of Pattaya, such as Koh Krok and Koh Sak. These islands can be reached by hiring a private boat or joining a tour.
Some popular islands near Pattaya that can be explored are Koh Larn, Koh Samet, Koh Si Chang, Koh Phai, Koh Rin, Koh Khram, Koh Sak, and Koh Krok.
The best time of year to visit the islands
The best time to visit the islands near Pattaya is between November and February, which is the peak tourist season in the region. During this time, the weather is cooler and drier, making it perfect for outdoor activities such as island-hopping, snorkeling, and swimming. The average temperature during this period is around 27 degrees Celsius, which is pleasant for spending time on the beach or exploring the islands. However, this is also the busiest time of the year, so prices for accommodations and activities tend to be higher than during the low season. If you are looking for a more peaceful and low-budget vacation, you can visit during the shoulder season from May to October, but be prepared for occasional rain and hotter temperatures.
Duration of a typical day trip
The duration of a typical day trip to the islands near Pattaya varies depending on the tour operator and the number of islands visited. Here are some examples of the duration of day trips to the islands near Pattaya:
- According to TTR Weekly, Koh Sak is only accessible by speed boat and takes about 1 hour.
- Pattaya Central offers a Coral Island day tour by speed boat, which typically lasts for a full day.
- Viator offers a Coral Island day trip from Pattaya that lasts for approximately 8 hours.
- Culture Trip recommends Koh Sak as a perfect day trip from Pattaya, which is only 10 kilometers offshore.